1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 22, 2012 1:25 PM by Fofo RSS

Slingbox HD not so good like old models  of 3-4 years ago!

esmeralda1

I have just bought new Slingbox HD and i set up correctly  ,becouse i ahve another slingbox fro more 3-4 years actually the fist models just come up...red -silever one.

In same House i have both of them ...and sling box the old one works fine in Dubai.....i can wahtch tv resonable peicture with no a freezing...

In same Internet conection the new model HD   connect 1 -2 sec and stop  it show like 80-129 kps and stop...!

I do not undertend what do  the old sling box same internte works perfrect and why the new one not working !/

Do that mean the compresion of the new Models  Slingbox HD is not good ? or need the speed more...Can any one please technicly expalin that.....

or i will ge this like new slingbox are unsufull in not the good internte ereas...and better use the old models SD !?

• Re: Slingbox HD not so good like old models  of 3-4 years ago!
          Apprentice

Hi esmeralda1,

We understand the quality issues that you are experiencing with the new Slingbox. It's necessary to determine first if this is being caused by the Slingbox itself or the networks requirements; the Slingbox PRO-HD needs more bandwidth, that could be the issue why the old model works. We need to get more information about the issue that you are having; what's the upload/download speed at home? You can use this 3rd party website to check that: Speedtest.net.

You need to confirm that the system meets the minimum requirements for the Slingbox PRO-HD:

Slingbox PRO-HD > Tech Specs

Regards