1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 21, 2012 3:55 PM by ranaleon RSS

Directv DVR and inputs cable

akitasumo

Just got done hooking up my HD-Pro Slingbox to my Directv DVR player. I ran the coax cable from the sat disk into the Slingbox and then another coax between the Slingbox output and the Directv input. I was hoping to be able to change the inputs so I could utilize the tuner that is in the Slingbox. I can not get the setup to see that input cable. Will this setup work with Directv system?

Otherwise works great, I just want to be able to watch a different channel than my wife is watching at home when I am on travel.

• Re: Directv DVR and inputs cable
          Apprentice

Hi akitasumo,

I understand that you want to know how to take advantage of the Slingbox PRO-HD internal tuner.

The internal tuner of the Slingbox PRO-HD allows you to "split" the TV signal. This specific setup will allow to share the TV signal, although the users will share a different TV signal. 

The basic way to connect the Slingbox is to place a splitter on the cable that comes from the wall. From the splitter, you will send two lines: one to your Slingbox and the second one goes to the cable box.  This way, the Slingbox will allow you to split the TV signal.

Finally, you can also connect a different type of cable (S-Video, Composite and Component) from the cable box output to the Slingbox inputs in order to take advantage of the other inputs on the back panel of your Slingbox PRO-HD. Just keep in mind that besides these connections, the Slingbox will allow only one connection at the time.

Hope this helps!

Regards.