2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 15, 2012 5:12 PM by neillo8 RSS

Slingbox cannot be recognized on network

mattx7

I have connected my Slingbox player to my Netgear WNR1000v3 router. It could not find the Slingbox so ... I did  a hard reset on the Slingbox, it seemed to be trying to work but now it's back to nothing. The power LED is bright and the network light is faint, so I'm guessing that it's not connected but I cannot understand why. PLEASE help I need to get this figured out ASAP!!    

• Re: Slingbox cannot be recognized on network
          Novice

Hi mattx7,

What I'm getting from your post, is that you're having problems, getting the Slingbox to connect with the network.

In this case, you can check the following link, which will help you out with that:

The Network light on your Slingbox is off

If the problem is still the same, make sure the router's up to date, and you can also contact the Sling Media Technical Support to troubleshoot over the phone, or get one of the replacement options, based on your Slingbox Warranty Status.

Contact Sling Media

Regards.

• Re: Slingbox cannot be recognized on network
              neillo8

Hey mattx7 I've got the same problem with my slingbox not showing up on my network although the network lights on my slingbox and slinglink are all lit up like they should be, when I wire my slingbox to my laptop and connect to the network wireless it works fine, but when I wire it back to my desktop it can't. Be found on my network, something is blocking the slingbox, my ports say active. If u can help it would. be fantastic.

Cheers Neil

Email. Neillo8@aol.com