3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 12, 2012 11:17 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

change remote controls

flyingfrank98

can anyone tell me how to change remote controls, I recenttly switched from Direct TV to Fios and when i turn on my sling box the old Direct TV remote shows up

• Re: change remote controls
          alanrichey42 Master

Just re-run the Video Sources Setup routine to tell it you have a new device,.

det

Hi Alan Im having similar problem.

After having tried to change my digital tuner to a new one. The set up from slingbox remote viewing did not have my model so I tried the online viewer, for the code, it didnt have it either.

However now when I try to change it using the remote viewing it just picks up the one on the online line and does not allow me the full setup process.

I did try removing the sling box from the online but didnt work.

David

alanrichey42 Master

Sorry, don't understand a word of that    But if I substitute "Standalone Slingplayer" for "remote" and "Web-based player" for "online" I get:

The set up from the Standalone Slingplayer did not have my model so I tried the Web-based Player viewer, for the code, it didnt have it either.  However now when I try to change it using the Standalone Slingplayer it just picks up the one on the Web-based Player and does not allow me the full setup process. I did try removing the sling box from the Web-based Player but didnt work.

That makes slightly more sense, although I still don't understand what you mean by "..when I try to change it using the Standalone Slingplayer it just picks up the one on the Web-based Player and does not allow me the full setup process..."

Can you be a bit more specific ?