2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 8, 2012 1:11 PM by gregnva RSS

Slingbox channel editing question

Winnike

I have a Slingbox ProHD which is set up with with a cable connection. The channel scan found several blank channels + channels I'm not interested in. (I ran Quickscan. The detailed scan was even worse.) Is there any way to edit the blank channels off (as well as channels I don't want)? This would help massively when connecting remotely since it takes so long to change channels, especially flipping through channels with the remote. Also, is there a better remote available for the internal tuner than the default remote?

• Re: Slingbox channel editing question
          Winnike

I spoke with SB tech support. The bottom line is that channels cannot be edited. If you have basic cable, a quick scan will likely find several blank channels. A full scan will likely find even more blank channels. Blank or unwanted channels cannot be edited off.

• Re: Slingbox channel editing question
            gregnva

If you set up your "Favorites" you can edit out the channels you don't want.  However, upon initial starting of the Slingbox, it loads the "default" channels and you have to wait a minute or two before you can then select the Favorites category.  That's how I do it (and if anybody knows how to get the Slingbox to "start up" with the Favorites as a default, I'm all ears).