1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 9, 2012 10:11 AM by ranaleon RSS

?why do I not get a clear picture when I am out of the country

philamon

At home my slingbox is connected to a second skybox to enable me to watch tv when I am out of the country and my partner can continue to watch tv at home at the same time. Although I get a decent picture when I am in another country I wondered if there is a way of improving it or is this only due to the speed I receive from the server away from home. When I watch tv at home on the laptop I receive over 5000 kbps but away from home I only receive 688 kbps, is this right

• Re: ?why do I not get a clear picture when I am out of the country
          Apprentice

Hi philamon,

It seems that you are having some issues with the Slingbox video quality when you are at a remote location.

Basically, you are right. Although the Slingbox video quality is really good when at the local area network (LAN), you must meet certain requirements when at remote locations. The Slingbox need a specific connection speed when at remote locations; if the connection speed you get at the remote location does not meet the requirements, the video quality will be affected. The following links will provide you with the requirements for the Slingbox SOLO and Slingbox PRO-HD:

Tech Specs for the Slingbox PRO-HD

Tech Specs for the Slingbox SOLO

Finally, I recommend you to try to increase the connection speed when at remote location in order to take advantage of all the Slingbox features.

Hope this helps!

Regards