2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 13, 2012 1:37 PM by bkilit77 RSS

Difference between Phone and Tablet versions

Chop69

I've had an Android phone for a while now, and just bought a Transformer Prime tablet.  To my surprise, the phone version of Slingplayer instaled and works just fine.

So is there any advantage to buying the Tablet version?  I've only got a Slingbox Solo, so no HD streaming.

• Re: Difference between Phone and Tablet versions
          farischesnutt

I just installed the Tablet version on my Motorola Xoom (already had Slingplayer for Phones), and I can tell you the picture quality is much more impressive.  Also, the new integrated Guide functionality is offers a much easier way to scan what's currently on and change channels.

HOWEVER, the remote functionality for the tablet version is very limited as compared to the Slingplayer for Phones.  I can't change discs on my multi-disc player, and I can't bring up recorded shows on the DVR.  I have to open the Slingplayer for Phones to select a DVD or a show from the DVR list, and then close it and open the Slingplayer for Tablets.  Very annoying.  I posted on another category in this forum if you want to see my write-up.

• Re: Difference between Phone and Tablet versions
            bkilit77 Newbie

For your notice Slingbox solo is capable of HD streaming.And yes the remote fuctionality is the only issue with the tablet version.Anybody has any solution to that??