1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 7, 2012 3:37 PM by ranaleon RSS

Cannot Watch Sling When On Wireless

codeseven

The issue I am currently experiencing is that whenever my laptop is connected to the internet wirelessly, I am unable to connect to my Slingbox. The second I plug in an ethernet cable (that goes to the same wireless router I'm wirelessly connecting to) it works instantly. So when I plug directly in via ethernet, I have no connection problems. When I am connected wirelessly, it does not work. I have now tried this on two different routers (one being a Netgear that I forgot the model of, and another being the Linksys E1000). I have also tried this on my Dell XPS Laptop and my friends Macbook.

The error I'm getting is: "There was a problem communicating with the Slingbox. Try connecting again.

Once I click on the Tell Me More link, it says the error code is Error: 0x92340011

Again I have no issues connecting when plugged directly into the router, just not when I am connected to its wireless. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance

• Re: Cannot Watch Sling When On Wireless
          Apprentice

Hi codeseven,

It seems that you are having some issues with your Slingbox since it loses connection when you use the wireless connection.

There are two possible reasons for this behavior:

- Connected to a different network

When you use the direct connection, you have no issues to keep a steady connection. However, once you select the wireless connection you might be connected to a different wireless router. That's why you might be getting the Internet Viewing error message.

- A loop-back

You might be having some issues in order to connect to your own router while using the wireless connection. The following article will provide you with an explanation about this situation and a workaround:

SlingPlayer may not connect to local Slingbox via Wi-Fi

Hope this helps!

Regards