1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 2, 2012 2:18 PM by ranaleon RSS

Slingbox causing a poor TV signal and Internet connection at home

MMAJay

I just recently set up my slingbox and it is working fine, however since I set it up my TV signal has been poor and when my boyfriend is watching the sling player from his lap top at work the Internet connection comes to a stand still and the TV signal gets so bad it is unwatchable, sometimes it loses the signal completely. I have a Slingbox ProHD and Telus Optik TV and Internet. Has anyone had this same problem and have any solutions?

Thanks!

• Re: Slingbox causing a poor TV signal and Internet connection at home
          Apprentice

Hi MMAJay,

It seems that you are having some issues with your Slingbox PRO-HD since the TV signal is not good enough.

There are many things to take into account. In your case, I recommend you to check the Internet connection speed you are getting while the Slingbox PRO-HD is streaming the TV signal out of your network. Keep in mind that if you are trying to stream the TV signal using a HD TV source, the available bandwidth will be affected.

I recommend you to check the Slingbox PRO-HD requirements in order to determine if both ends (Slingbox location and remote location) meet the requirements for the Slingbox PRO-HD:

Tech Specs for the Slingbox PRO-HD

Regards