3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 31, 2012 12:19 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Verizon FIOS Virtual Remote

rew222

Some time ago, I installed a Slingbox Pro from the Windows client, and I have a pretty FIOS virtual remote that matched the actual physical remote in appearance.

Fast forward to yesterday. I purchased a new Slingbox Solo and completed the install using the web plug-in. I am using the S-Video to a Motoroloa QIP-7100. I selected the QIP6200 and the remote works, however, I am getting a square silver virtual remote.

Where did the nice FIOS remote go? Do I have to use the Windows client to get it?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Bob/

• Re: Verizon FIOS Virtual Remote
          alanrichey42 Master

Sling Media have only produced realistic remotes for about 120 devices, all the rest have to use the generic remote,   Did you used to have the realistic  remote for the QIP6200 ?   why not try the 7100 ?

rew222

Hi Alan, thanks for the reply. The 7100 is not an option for me when I set up the Slingbox Solo from the web-plugin. I have seen posts in the forum from folks who say they have developed the remote codes for a Motoroloa QIP 7100, but they want me to put the files in a directory that only exists if you install the full windows client, so I do not know how to add a virtual remote with the web plug-in.

My next step would be to try and install the new Solo with the Windows client to see if that makes a difference and to see if the realistic virtual remote is tied to the client (Windows or Plug-In), or if it is specific to the device. The older Pro was set up to the QIP6200 and it had the realistic remote, so another thing to try would be that particular remote on the newer Solo. Any thoughts?

alanrichey42 Master
                  but they want me to put the files in a directory that only exists if you install the full windows client, so I do not know how to add a virtual remote with the web plug-in.

That would be me.     You can't add a virtual remote using the web-app, Sling did not add that functionality.  But when you add it using the standalone Slingplayer it will appear in the web app as well.    It is only the installation process that requires the full windows client,.