7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 6, 2012 2:06 AM by oscarchan RSS

Custom Remote for Prima PM-28RM

oscarchan

Hi,

I own a Slingbox Classic.  Recently, I got a Prima PM-28RM in Hong Kong as a digial receiver and also a DVR.  However, I can't use the IR remote control on the receiver because it is not supported.  I tried to use the custom remote control bin file of Prima PM-698 listed below, but it didn't work.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8872

Can someone upload a custom remote control for PM-28RM?

Thanks

• Re: Custom Remote for Prima PM-28RM
          alanrichey42 Master

You could start by reading the README file properly.  Particularly the bit that says "....If you have problems please do NOT just report back it 'doesn't work', th..."  

• Re: Custom Remote for Prima PM-28RM
              oscarchan

My mistake.  Here are the answers to the questions:

> 1.   Was there any error message after you typed in the Code and tapped the Power button ?
              No.  However, the DVR simply didn't power off.

> 2.   Did you give the Power command plenty of time to react ?  (I have a DVR that takes about 6-8 seconds to power up/down)
              Yes.

> 3.   After completing the setup (regardless of whether the Power button worked) do any of the other buttons work ?
              No.  None of the buttons work.

> 4.   Have you used a Digital Camera to confirm the IR Blaster is actually firing when you tap the Power button ?  (Watch the tip of the IR Blaster thorugh the viewfinder while you tap a button.  You should see a white (not red) flash)
              Yes.  I saw the red flash via a Digital Camera.

> 5.   Have you experimented with the placement of the IR Blaster ?  On some devices this is critical so don't give up too quickly.
              No.  This is the first time I placed the IR blaster.  I located the IR receiver on the DVR box.  I then followed the instruction diagram, and put it like 1 cm next to the receiver.  I tried to put both IR blaster.

> 6.   If nothing works check out http://betaremotes.slingbox.com where you might be able to build your own remote.
              I got "This slingbox does not support learning new remote controls" message.

Thanks in advance,

Oscar