1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 25, 2012 4:17 PM by ranaleon RSS

need help setting up proHD in a unique config

chotaBK

ok here is the problem.

setup:

-verizon versalink DSL modem/router

-proHD connected to verizon versalink DSL

-asus rt n16 router running DDWRT wire connected to versalink modem/router

-multiple computers connected wired/wireless to asus router

-no computers connected to versalink modem router

1. setup proHD using sling assisstant by temporarily connecting a computer to versalink.

2. setup complete with no issues, had to port forward 5001 on VERSALINK to enable internet viewing.

problem:

1. cannot connect using slingplayer app on a wired PC on the N16. does not see any slingboxes whether im logged in or not.

2. cannot connect using slingplayer app on a wireless PC on the N16. does not see any slingboxes whether im logged in or not.

3. i CAN use my slingbox by using firefox on the n16 wired PC through web interface.

4. i CAN use my slingbox by using my android phone app IF im using 3g/4g. if im on my wireless n16 network, i CANNOT.

5. i CAN use my slingbox if i temporarily connect a wired computer to the versalink directly through slingplayer app as well as firefox interface.

solution idea?:

-im assuming this is a problem with my asus router somehow blocking the connection from my versalink. i attempted to port forward 5001 to my router ip address but im not sure if that did anything. i enabled uPnP on the asus router, but again, unsure if that does anything.

does anyone have any ideas?

• Re: need help setting up proHD in a unique config
          Apprentice

Hi chotaBK,

It seems that you are having some issues when trying to set up your Slingbox PRO-HD with the Asus RT N16 router.

Unfortunately, we do  not have a tutorial for this specific router model, however, the following third-party link will allow you to get some steps to follow. Hopefully, it will help you:

Port Forwarding SlingBox on the Asus RT-N15

If you are able to complete the Setup Assistant for Internet Viewing, I recommend you check the following link. It will allow you to get the step-by-step instructions in order to know how to set up your Slingbox PRO-HD for Internet Viewing with a two-router network:

Help setting up Internet Viewing when you have multiple routers

If the issue persists, I encourage you to contact your router provider in order to know if there's any kind of restriction (or firewall) that might be preventing you from getting this connection. Let us know how it works for you and post your results.

Regards