3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 15, 2012 8:28 AM by edsherman44 RSS

SLINGBOX PRO HD- no video signal

edsherman44

Help-- I live in Switzerland and just set up dedicated new Time Warner Cable box in NYC to slingbox pro HD. Time Warner confirm there is signal at cable box (Samsung). I have run component (red blue green) OUTPUT from cable box to Slingbox.  I have latest software update, network light on but cannot find video signal.  I have reset everything but still now luck.  Any help greatly appreciated as NFL playoffs tomorrow!  My other cable box connected to TV in NYC work as well as internet in apartment.  I don't know what else to try?  Thanks, Ed

• Re: SLINGBOX PRO HD- no video signal
          michaelpham2116

Ask your local cable company to reset you internet signal..

edsherman44

Thanks Michael,

But since I run the following off the internet:

wireless dual band router to feed Samsung "smart tv"; ethernet cable from router to iMac; plus ethernet cable to dedicated skype phone and all internet releated devices working fine- coupled with speed (www.speedtest.net) of in excess 15mbs and upto 25mbs I don't think internet is the problem.  I simply cannot figure out what is going on.  I have coax cable coming into apartment and Time Warner tell me that using a spliter --one for the dedicated box for DVR and TV plus the other for my second dedicated box (Slingbox) makes no sense.  The HD Copy protection as I understand it should not be a problem since I have now a dedicated box from Time Warner to my slingbox-- go figure.

I tried old red-white- yellow cables from new cable box to slingbox in case the component cables did not get the signal (no difference). Very frustrating as I live in Switz. and dying to watch NFL and NHL....  Any thoughts welcome, Best  Ed

michaelpham2116

test your IPS speed upload and download speed.

http://www.bandwidthplace.com/

Good Luck