4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 23, 2012 5:43 PM by chakkarinen RSS

Can I network my tv down stairs to one upstairs? I need help!

skink

Hello, I have cable down stairs in my home, but I don't have a cable run up stairs (Yet). Being as it's the middle of winter, with snow flying and accumulating on the ground, I won't be able to run any cable outside in the near future. I was wondering if there is a way to send the content on the downstairs TV to the one upstairs? I would like it to be just like the TV downstairs, only without the cable. It would be great if I would be able to do this, but I have no idea if it will work, and if it could work, how to go about it. Does anyone out there have a TV set up like this? Or does anyone know how to make this work? I have a pair of the SlingLink Turbo's. I will appreciate any help anyone has to offer. Thank you for taking a look.

• Re: Can I network my tv down stairs to one upstairs? I need help!
          BrandonC Novice

The SlingLink Turbo should solve your problem. Have you tried them yet?

skink

Brandon, thanks for getting back to me. Can you tell me how to go abot it? Thanks Again!

Apprentice

Hi skink,

It seems that you need to get all the information about the SlingLink Turbo and how they work.

The SlingLink Turbo (available in 1 and 4 port versions) allows you to provide Internet access if the router and the Slingbox (or any other Internet dependant device) are located in different rooms. The following links will provide you with all the information about the SlingLink Turbo and how it works:

SlingLink TURBO

How it Works

Tech Specs

Hope this helps.

Regards

chakkarinen Apprentice

I believe that it is required that both Slinglink Turbo boxes be plugged into wall outlets that are on the same "phase" of your home's electrical wiring.

Most houses have two "hot" wires and one neutral wire coming in from the street pole.  The ovens and electric clothes driers use both phases (both hot wires) to generate 220 volts.  The other outlets in the house typically use just one or the other of the two hot phases -- ideally, half of the 110 volt devices in the house would be using one phase, and the other half using the other phase, at any given time, to "balance" the load.

It is not immediately obvious which phase each of the wall outlets in your house are on -- and figuring this out can be tricky (and life threatening, with the high voltages present!), so you might want to get a certified electrician to examine all of your wiring to tell you which outlets are on Phase A and which are on Phase B.   If both Slinglink Turbos are plugged into Phase A outlets, or both plugged into Phase B outlets, then everything should work as advertised.