3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 23, 2012 2:28 PM by Fofo RSS

black screen

craig5811

when i connect to my sling box,i get just a black screen and some background noise,no picture and no messages that say anything is wrong. any ideas? 

• Re: black screen
          Apprentice

Hi craig5811,

We need you to provide further information and all the details about the issue you are dealing with. This way, other Forum users will be able to help you with accurate information. You didn't mention if the issue happens only remotely or at the Slingbox location as well; you also need to explain the way that the Slingbox is connect to the TV source (cable box, satellite receiver, DVR or the coax from the wall).

You can determine if the trouble is at home and not related to the computer; try to connect using a different machine or mobile and if the issue persists, it will be necessary to check the cables at home and try a Reset to the Slingbox follow by the Setup at slingbox.com.

Regards

• Re: black screen
              craig5811

this happens remotely,i had someone go to the box and they said the light was flashing. so they reset the box and light stopped flashing. but now i have to have someone that has some technical knowlege...and no-one does! im just going to do it myself when i return in a month. thansk for your time