1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 15, 2012 8:40 AM by MalteseDonkey RSS

HQ quality never works on iPad2 SlingPlayer

jimschroder

I have never been able to get my iPad2 SlingPlayer to show HQ video.  My internet speed is fine on my network as my MacBook Air streams the browser version at 1400-1900 kbs immediately before I try my iPad2.  The iPad has access to the same speed and network, and it's tested at the same speed.

I looked at hte suggestions on http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-5000270.html, but nothing helped except watching at SQ, which I don't want to do.  When I press the Aspect button on SQ, I show streaming speeds of 1300-1800 kbs and two green dots.  But when I switch to HQ, I show four green dots and it fails to load.

My box is already configured for internet viewing (as confirmed by MacBook being able to stream HD).  However, because I live abroad and my actual SlingBox sits in the U.S., it says I can't change my settings because I need to be connected to the same home network (and not through the internet).

Does anyone have any suggestions?

• Re: HQ quality never works on iPad2 SlingPlayer
          MalteseDonkey

I have a similar problem - but mine constantly buffers (every 5-10 seconds).  SQ is fine but bitrate is 5-600kbs.  Streaming on Windows 7 PC (FireFox) also fine, at HQ 1200-1300kbs, on the same network, same period of time.  I have 2 dots for SQ, 4 dots for HQ.  Have tried all the suggestions.  There are others who have reported this problem as far back as June 2011 but there is no fix supplied to date.

I have tried this on an iPad 1 and 2.  iOS 5.0.1

Upload speed from home network is 1700kbs, download here is 15Mb.  Netflix works fine on HQ on the iPad, as does YouTube HQ.

Slingbox website reported internet viewing setup is complete (has been for ages).  I am using a Slingbox SOLO (Slingbox Software Version: 2.1.250)

I don't think there is anything amiss with the network or Slingbox setup, otherwise the FireFox viewing would also be as inferior.