9 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2012 6:22 PM by brsing Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Prompt for TV/Cables not being HD

davidkroese

In the past two days, I have not been able to control my DirecTV receiver through Slingbox as trying to hit any button brings up the message 'TV or Cables not HD, hold Exit key down to switch receiver to Standard Definition'. Yet my TV and cables are unchanged and are of HD quality. All worked fine a few days ago. Basically, I now get this prompt since installing the updates for plug ins for both Mozilla Firefox and Explorer. Now I can see watch whatever channel happens to playing on the receiver when the message goes away, but cannot change the channel or use the remote for anything but turning the power off. I've had someone at my house check and when I hit a button on the remote, it is changing the the picture locally and on the TV.

Also, holding down the Exit key and changing the receiver to standard definition does not make the message go away.

Thanks.

• Re: Prompt for TV/Cables not being HD
          CoryLive

I'm having the exact same problem!  It's frustrating when everything works fine one day then overnight it doesn't.  My concern is the new DirecTV HDUI.  Did your DirecTV receiver switch over to the HDUI within the past couple days?  I have a feeling that the receiver is now communicating with the sling player in a different way.  Not sure of a work around yet but just wondering if you noticed your DirecTV upgrade?  Also, which slingbox do you have?  I have the Slingbox Solo and I'm wondering if it's time for me to upgrade to the slingbox HD.  Don't know but gonna try some options.  I'll let you know how I make out!

CoryLive

Ok, so here's what I was able to do and it worked.  When I was getting the error message I had the Red, White & Yellow component cables going from my Slingbox Solo to my DirecTV Receiver.  I swapped them out and used the digital Blue, Green & Red Composite Cables and a normal Red, White RCA cable (Audio) and then launched the setup tool through slingbox.com and configured the new setup.  It works like a charm.  I Hope that might work for you, let me know!

davidkroese

Well, I'm not at home so changing out all the cables to my Slingbox is going to have wait, but thanks for the suggestion. I do think something might have happened with the DirecTV receiver recently. Without being home, it's hard to understand what it is. The Slingbox is more or less useless at this point.

coolcatk2

Looks like an issue with the Directv update.

My setup has hdmi going to tv, AND composite, (yellow,red,white) to original sling box av, used to work perfect.

If anyone finds a solution, please post.

tprkid

I found a solution that worked for me.  I have a slingbox av connected with a Svideo cable to my Directv HR22.  When on my iphone 4s away from my wifi connection I was unable to view anything on the dvr.  What I did was I  selected the  remote option pushed the info button.  The D-pad comes up and I pressed the the right directional button 4 times which takes you to the Audio/Video subtitle.  Then I pressed the center button on the D-pad until I could see subtitle on the slingplayer mobile.  I then am able to access the DVR.  However to repeat this to get the TV to HD reception you have to press the center D-pad button about 10 times.

caseym54

Well, all and good, but why not alter the remote code to allow long keypresses.  The standard DirecTV remote is probably one of your most common models, and ought to be kept updated.

brsing Newbie

Was there ever a resolution to this problem?   I too am experiencing this problem.  If I use R/W/Y cables (SD mode) all is well, but if I use G/B/R/W/R cables (HD mode), I get the no signal message.

Apprentice

Hi davidkroese and all,

It seems that you are having some issues with your Slingbox since it shows the "HDTV does not support HDCP" error message.

This error message is not related to your Slingbox but your set top box (cable box, DVR or satellite receiver). It means that your cable service provider has applied an update that enabled the HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection). I encourage you to check the following thread and check the included links:

Your HDTV does not support HDCP?????

Hope this helps!

Regards.