2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 21, 2012 4:17 PM by jmpozzo RSS

Sling Cather won't connect to Slingbox HD

drdoucette

I can watch the slingbox on my PC, my iPad and my iPhone over the same network as my sling cather.  I have good network connectivity because I can login to my slingbox from my sling cather and can immediately see an updated directory.  When I try yo connect to the slingbox HD, I get an error - Unable to connect to to a Network Issue, try again.

I've tried resetting the sling cather and the router to no availe.  Help!

• Re: Sling Cather won't connect to Slingbox HD
          Apprentice

Hi drdoucette,

I understand that you are having some issues in order to get the connection to your Slingbox PRO-HD.

According to the provided information, we do not know if the Slingbox PRO-HD is able to work in a proper way (you did not include any details about this unit). With this in mind, I recommend you to reset the Slingbox PRO-HD and run the Setup Assistant for Internet Viewing one more time. If you do not know how to, feel free to check these articles:

How to reset your Slingbox to factory settings

Once you reset the Slingbox PRO-HD, you'll need to run the Setup Assistant for Internet Viewing. Since you did not provide any information about the router, I recommend you to check the following articles:

Manual Setup for the Slingbox PRO-HD

Slingbox Network Setup Assistant

Regards

• Re: Sling Cather won't connect to Slingbox HD
            jmpozzo Newbie

Hmm sounds like you need to run Set Up Internet Viewing.  I get this problem any time the router my SlingBox is on gets reset... Everything works over the internet (website, iOS apps, etc.) EXCEPT the SlingCatcher.  It's picky like that.  Just run the "Set Up Internet Viewing" while on the same network as your SlingBox and once the ports are open and its configured successfully, your problem should be solved.