4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 10, 2014 5:56 AM by drmsling RSS

Menu Button Missing

steveheaps45

I am having a major problem, I am using FIOS service and when I either use my SlingPlayer for iPhone or iPAD now even the web interface.  I can NOT use / FIND the Menu button!!!! What happened!

After Connection, you need to select “Press Menu to watch FiOS TV “these buttons are now missing/ Greyed out. I am not able to use my SlingBox and I am in Europe on Business… for the next 3 months:( I have tried everything that I could find related to this topic and NO help. Please let me know what I am able to do.

Thank you

• Re: Menu Button Missing
          alanrichey42 Master

Have you tried re-running the Video Source setup routine?  Sounds like the remote in the Slingbox may have corrupted.

drmsling

Can someone from Sling answer the (implied) question from Steve Heaps: Is there a 'MENU' button for the Slingplayer app for iPhone? Before we resort to trial and error, such as Alan's suggestion, can Sling give us an answer?  If the answer is 'Yes", then please give us instructions on how to fix this problem.

If the answer is "No, there is no MENU button.", then tell us if you are working on a solution. It is Nov. 2014, and I am having the same problem. Verizon FIOs relatively recently added a 'sleep' feature that creates the moving message that directs you to press the 'MENU' button to 'wake up' the set top box. Thank you

alanrichey42 Master

Can someone from Sling answer the (implied) question from Steve Heaps: Is there a 'MENU' button for the Slingplayer app for iPhone?

I doubt Sling will answer so I will    Yes there is a Menu button but unfortunately they labelled it 'Setup'.   So to wake up your Verizon box, tap on Remote then All then scroll left to the Setup button.

drmsling

Alan,

Thank you for your quick response. I did find that 'Setup' works, though not consistently or quickly. By that I mean I often have to press it more than once, or press it, then hit the screen several times to 'wake up' the set top box.