4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 15, 2012 7:39 AM by RafaelB RSS

No internet viewbut but local viewing is ok with IE9

sagbele

Hello

I am not sure if anyone else has seen this. i have been using the PRO HD now for over 2 years.  I have a laptop using Windows home premium but i wiped it out an dloaded windows professional. My sling box worked until it loaded all the windows service packs and upgraded IE9. Now my sling only works on my internal home network but does not work via the internet. I have tired everything and i am frustrated. The funny thing is my IPAD, and other computers work fine. I even poped my old HDD in the computer and it also works

Help is there anything about IE9 on Wing 7 that we are not aware off

kevin

• Re: No internet viewbut but local viewing is ok with IE9
          chakkarinen Apprentice

The fact that your IE9 browser works when in your LAN (i.e., using router only to sling the stream), but not when you are going outside the LAN suggests to me that the problem may be with your modem, or some Windows 7 service component related to the modem that became corrupted when you reconfigured your computer.

So, you might first try power-cycling your modem and your router and your SB, then see if it works as before, but now with IE9.

I am able to use IE9 with both Windows 7 and Windows Vista to sling my box both within and without the LAN with no problems as you describe.

sagbele

Thanks, i did reboot completely and reset everythign and even istalled a different Router but the same thing happens

The following is what i have done or experienced

I loaded my drive with Win 7 Professional

Loaded all the service packs

When i went through the setup, i always get a problem at internet viewing

The error comes up with W213 which is just a reset

I went through 2 different computers (Win XP and Win 7) - They all worked in and out of network

I will check out the different service pack. 

chakkarinen Apprentice

I don't have Windows 7 Professional on any of my computers, so I am just guessing at this point.   But I suspect that there might be some "feature" standard in W 7 Pro that is not offered in the others, which is blocking the streaming within Internet Explorer.  But whether it is in an IE9 component or all browsers in W 7 Pro could be tested by trying Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome on your new computer.   Both of those browsers also work for viewing my SB on my W 7 computers.

Apprentice

Hi sagbele, this issue that you are having may be related to the Internet Viewing feature in your Slingbox that seems to be disabled at this point, besides that here is the list of supported browsers and OS.

What browsers and systems are supported by Watch on Slingbox.com?

Regards.