3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 1, 2012 4:03 PM by als6567 RSS

QAM Channels not in Guide on SB Pro HD

hammer32

I've set up my SlingBox Pro HD to access analog and digital cable channels.  I can type in the QAM channel numbers (like 25.1) but only whole number channels appear in the Guide when I view it on my Mac, iPhone, or iPad.  Most of these channels In the guide don't even work since I don't have a cable box connected.  How can I edit the guide to include the QAM channels and to delete the over 1000 channels I don't get?

Finally, some of the lower QAM channels appear perfectly for a few seconds, but are then garbled on the SlingBox, but are fine on both of my Wal-Mart special QAM-only TVs, such as 6.1 thru 16-5, which unfortunately are all but one of the big five networks.  Does SlingBox have a bad QAM tuner?

Thanks!

Sean

• Re: QAM Channels not in Guide on SB Pro HD
          Apprentice

Hi hammer32, you can go to  Setup.slingbox.com and use the option "Configure Inputs" to reconfigure the coax cable, when you get the option to scan TV channels you can use the option "Detailed Scan" to try to get the best signal possible from the Coax cable, also when you get to the program guide option you can choose a different option from the one that you have right now to remove the extra channels that you get in the guide.

Regards.

joshbt

"when you get to the program guide option you can choose a different option from the one that you have right now to remove the extra channels that you get in the guide"

So we are still forced to chose from one of the available selections that SlingBox provides, none of which offer Clear QAM support in my area. What's more, I can't set up favorites list because that relies on non-existant channels in the guide. All and all not a good experience with clear QAM, you still need a cable box to get the SlingBox working nicely.

als6567

I am having the same problem with my Channels in the 9.1 thru 9.6. They come in but have lines at the bottom of the screen as though the horizontal hold on an old tv needs adjusting and after a few seconds the picture freezes or on my iphone a blue screen stating a poor video signal. I have checked the signal and adjusted my antenna and these stations have 100% signal strength.