4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 27, 2012 8:25 AM by ktscott01 Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Slingbox Solo - Was working fine now it is not

arobbin

I was watching my Slinbox here in London UK last night just fine. This morning when I woke up, I tried to watch and Slingbox is telling me it cannot connect. My wife tried it from our house over the internet and she get's the same message. My son see's two red lights lit up on the Slinbox Solo box and he rebooted our Verizon router for us. He has internet connection just fine. Should I have my son test Slingbox from his computer within our home network? I have a bad feeling this will not work either. Seems to bee a connection issue but the box seems connected. Any help would be appreciated.

• Re: Slingbox Solo - Was working fine now it is not
          Apprentice

Hi arobbin,

I understand that you are having some issues in order to get the remote connection to your Slingbox SOLO.

As the first step, I recommend you to contact your son and ask him if the Slingbox is working fine at home (local area network). If it is, I recommend you to run the Internet Viewing setup one more time in order to fix this issue. The following links will provide you with instructions and steps to follow:

Internet Viewing for Slingbox SOLO

Slingbox Network Setup Assistant

Make sure to follow these recommendations and let us know how it works for you.

Regards

pasteph1

Why do you guys just respond with the most basic answers?  The guy just said it has two red lights on and it stopped working on its own.  Do you just think the router would block a port on its own?

I have the same problem with this box for the second time.  Both red lights are on and one day it worked, then the next it stopped alltogether.  I haven't even touched it and now i can't even find it on my network.  This seems like a firmware flaw to me.

* Edited to observe Slingbox Answers Forum House Rules by Moderator. *

tvgriffin

I had that happen the only way it came back was to unplug sling player then waited the plug in and reset all network computers as well wirless conections to clear all ip's.... becase of conflict ip adress ( don't know if sling box wouldn't let go or pc's) 

ktscott01

I have the same problem. Worked just fine then all of a sudden it just stopped working. Said it couldnt not connect.

So I tried everything from hard reset to total re-setup. This was all from my home network.

So I finally tried the setup from another network and I was able to setup my box again and can watch from that network. But as soon as I go back to my home network I cannot watch anymore.

Any suggestions?