7 Replies Latest reply: May 10, 2012 9:13 PM by sexybeast21 RSS

someone else is changing my slingbox

silentpojo

I was watching my Slingbox tonight and then all of a sudden the guide, im have direct tv, came up and someone started chaning the channels.  Over the last couple days I have found that when I log into my slingbox it has been on a differnt channel than the one I left it on.  I didnt think too much about it until tonight when i was watching it and the channels started to change.  I changed my password, but it still happened.  Any suggestions??  Any help is appreciated

• Re: someone else is changing my slingbox
          Apprentice

Hi silentpojo,

I understand that you are having some issues with your Slingbox because it seems that someone might be using it.

If you have shared the Slingbox password with someone else, I recommend you to double check if that person might be using the Slingbox when you are not. If this is the case, you must keep in mind that the Slingbox will allow only one connection at the time and only one user will be allowed to get the connection.

On the other hand, if you have not shared your Slingbox password and someone else is using it, I recommend you to reset the Slingbox and run the configuration one more time. This way, no one else will be able to control your Slingbox. If you do not know how to run this process, feel free to check this link:

How to reset your Slingbox to factory settings

Regards

lm0528

It may not be slingbox at all... I have a buddy that has the Dish and it has an RF remote control (you can take the remote anywhere in the house and it will transmit the signals. I dont know if your sat box has something like that but ive heard that the signal is so strong that someone nearby with the same setup could by mistake change channels on your box.

slingsmurf Apprentice

Hi folks,

We're currently investigating a handful of similar reports, but we still need a bit more information before we can proceed. Can you please answer the questions below to help us isolate the possible root cause of the issue?

• When was the first time you noticed this issue (approximate date and time, if possible)?
              • Is this issue still happening for you?
              • Have you tried logging in with one of our SlingPlayer Mobile clients?
                • Does the mobile client also log in to a different Sling Account? Is it the same account you see when you sign into Watch on Slingbox.com?

Thanks in advance for your answers. We'll update you when we have more info.

The Sling Support Team

sexybeast21

I have the same issue with my Sling solo box. I logged into the sling homepage, and all is fine. When I went to WATCH, the name on the upper right changed to someone elses, and I was connecting to and watching his sling.

I tried everything: logging out and back in, using a different brower, different computer, resetting my browser, etc.

One thing that DID work was installing and using the legacy Sling player client, which can still be downloaded here:

http://support.slingbox.com/go/windows-download-desktop-us

NOTE: I have noticed that a number of the people having this issue are logging in from Asia. I found people in Singapore and Thailand are having this issue. I myself am in Bangkok Thailand.

Please share: What country were you in when you experienced this issue?

I am suspecting the "country of origin" may have something to do with this....