3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 25, 2010 10:24 AM by jananjeff RSS

Extra Slingbox in my Directory, Not Mine and I cant access it

ryandude10

So recently a new slingbox appeared in my directory, its not mine and no one has access to my account but me. The problem is, is that I cant delete if from the account without the individual slingbox's admin password, which i dont have because I didn't add it and it isn't mine.

Please Help.

• Re: Extra Slingbox in my Directory, Not Mine and I cant access it
          ArizonaSackbut Apprentice

Hi Ryandude,

You don't need the hardware admin password to remove a Slingbox from the directory... ever.  Only to modify the internal Slingbox settings (like when you run the setup assistant) or kick someone off your Slingbox who is watching with your permission via the view-only password.

You can remove a Slingbox from the Directory in the full Player app.  If you don't have that and want to check it out, go HERE.

You can also do it from your online Sling account.  I think this covers both the current version Windows Player app and the Web Player at the same time.  It's probably the quickest way.

Go here:

http://accounts.sling.com

Log in if you're not already.  When the Accounts screen comes up, look on the left for Slingbox Directory.  You don't need an admin password to remove a directory listing, just click Remove over on the right.

By the way, phantom Slingboxes should not just show up in your directory.  If it's not yours (or someone else's that you've connected to in the past) change your accounts.sling password ASAP.  Note that this is different from the hardware view-only and admin passwords on your Slingbox.

If you have any other related security/password problems, I'd be in touch with SlingMedia support directly instead of posting on the public board.

Perhaps one of the SlingMedia mods would care to chime in on this issue ?

Hope this helps,

- Az

Apprentice

Hi ryandude10, definitely try ArizonaSackbut's suggestions above and also check this article to learn more about the Slingbox directory and it's behavior.

Using the Slingbox Directory

Best regards,

The Slingbox Answers Forum Moderator Team

jananjeff

thanks for the instructions, worked like a champ! I have ben trying to figure this out for some time....