2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 15, 2012 8:59 AM by Keeby86 RSS

Some general questions about Slingbox Pro HD

Keeby86

Hello everyone,

I've been using the slingbox classic for around five years now, but with the recent digital switchover in the UK it no longer meets its purpose.  The slingbox classic also doesn't have the capability of learning new IR codes to work with my freeview box!

So, I've decided to buy the slingbox pro hd, but have a few questions which I'd like to clarify.  I'd really appreciate any help.

1) Will the Slingbox Pro HDs internal tuner currently be able to recieve freeview channels in the UK?

2)  Does it have the capability to learn IR codes for my devices if the codes aren't available out of the box?

3) I see two versions on the internet - a red one and a grey one.  Is the grey Slingbox the current and most up to date model?

Thank you for any help. 

• Re: Some general questions about Slingbox Pro HD
          Apprentice

Hi Keeby86,

I understand that you have some questions about the Slingbox PRO-HD and some of its features.

1) Will the Slingbox Pro HDs internal tuner currently be able to recieve freeview channels in the UK?

Short answer is yes. The Slingbox PRO-HD allows you to receive the TV signal provided by Freeview in the UK.

2)  Does it have the capability to learn IR codes for my devices if the codes aren't available out of the box?

Yes, as a matter of fact, there's an article that explains how to:

Creating custom remotes with BIN files/Setup on Slingbox.com

3) I see two versions on the internet - a red one and a grey one.  Is the grey Slingbox the current and most up to date model?

Right. While the Slingbox PRO (red one) allows you to connect up to three devices, it does not allow you to stream a HD signal. On the other hand, the Slingbox PRO-HD ( gray one) allows you to connect up to three devices and you can stream the HD signal. The Slingbox PRO-HD is the top of the line model.

The following links will provide you with all the information about the Slingbox PRO-HD:

Slingbox PRO-HD

Tech Specs for the Slingbox PRO-HD

Hope this helps.

Regards.