2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 12, 2012 9:47 AM by though RSS

Works on Android but does not work on PC?

though

i had the original slingbox when it came out many, many years ago and upgraded to the HD about a year ago.  i am a network engineer so am pretty savvy.  anyways my slingbox HD works perfect on my android phone both on the LAN and when i am away from home, however it will not work with the desktop software on the LAN or away from home.  i also tried the firefox plugin, no go.  this just started happening a few days ago for no apparent reason.  no changes were made.

i tried to do a reset on the unit and once again, it works perfect on my mobile phone both locally and away, but the desktop software will not connect to it either locally or away.

what is going on here?

* Edited to observe Slingbox Answers Forum House Rules by Moderator. *

• Re: Works on Android but does not work on PC?
          Apprentice

Hi though,

It seems that you are having some issues in order to get the connection to your Slingbox using a specific computer.

The fact that you are able to get the connection from other devices means that the Slingbox is a "healthy" unit. This situation allow us to narrow down the possible root cause to that specific computer.

With this in mind, I encourage you to check the following links in order to find the cause and the possible solution for this issue:

Tech Specs for the Slingbox PRO-HD

Internet security and personal firewalls

What browsers are supported by Watch on Slingbox.com?

Regards

• Re: Works on Android but does not work on PC?
              though

my problem has been SOLVED!

if you are using NOD32 v5 or another antivirus, even though you disable it or "temporarily disable it as-is the case with NOD32, it IS or COULD STILL BE ENABLED, BLOCKING THE STREAMING.  that is the case with most current NOD32 v5 release.  here is the fix:

Here's what you do (my setup is on Windows 7 64bit and the latest version of Firefox):

-Open the ESET main window-Open the Advanced Setup menu, which is done by clicking the green check in the upper right hand corner and then Advanced Setup

-Expand the Web and email section-Expand the Protocol Filtering sub section

-Click Excluded applications

-In the list that opens, put a check mark next to:

–C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\plugin-container.exe–C:\Program Files (x86}\Sling Media\SlingAgent\SlingAgentService.exe

–C:\Program Files (x86)\Sling Media\SlingPlayer\SlingPlayer.exe