1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 11, 2012 4:17 PM by ranaleon RSS

Why can't my slingbox be found?

ccolonna

Hi,

I have just hooked up my new slingbox solo to a DVR box through a wireless ethernet cable (I believe it's called NETGEAR Powerline Adapter Kit). I have triple checked all connections, the two red lights appear to be solid and strong, and the ethernet connectors are showing activity. I am trying to do this on a Macbook. However, when I go to configure the slingbox, it says it cannot be located and to check power connections (which are okay) and network connections (which show activity). What can I do??

Thanks!!

• Re: Why can't my slingbox be found?
          Apprentice

Hi ccolonna.

I understand that you are having some issues trying to configure your Slingbox for Internet Viewing on your Mac computer, since you cannot locate your Slingbox on your network.

If the Slingbox shows solid lights, the unit is "healthy". This means that the issue is not related to your Slingbox. Most of the times, this issue is related to certain Operating System - web browser version combination. With this in mind, I encourage you to check the following link in order to get all the information about the supported Operating System - web browser versions:

What browsers are supported by Watch on Slingbox.com?

Regards