7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 8, 2012 2:58 PM by RafaelB RSS

Slingbox HD full screen mode?  Mac OS X Lion

banana1

Hi All,

I recently purchased a Slingbox Pro-HD because I want to sling HD content within my home.

Here's my setup:

HD-Pro connected via megabit ethernet

Mac Mini (latest gen) 2.3GHz i5, 2GB RAM connected via same ethernet

I want to be able to stream content full screen, but when I go to full screen mode, the content is only in the center of the screen and not my full monitor.  (LV TV connected via HDMI running 1360x768 resolution)  According to the stats, I'm getting over 8mbs throughput so bandwidth is not an issue.

Does the HD not stream in full screen mode?  (this would be a travesty as my old Slingbox AV was able to do this wireless to my other television before.  Granted it was to a PC based HTPC and it was not HD content.)

TIA!

• Re: Slingbox HD full screen mode?  Mac OS X Lion
          OvCollyer Apprentice

I have a similar setup but streaming over the Internet and it works fine in full screen for me.

There is a zoom button bottom right in the web viewer - does cycling through these options help at all?

Have you tried setting your TV's resolution to 1920 x 1080 (assuming you are streaming 1080i) in System Preferences -> Displays ?

banana1

Unfortunately this tv does not go to 1080.  The max resolution is x768.

It's a weird sized television for my kitchen.  (26")

This is a total fail since my previous Slingbox AV could stream to my 32" 720p television.  I bought a much more expensive unit (HD?!) and it can't even stream to my smaller television correctly.

OvCollyer Apprentice

Are you using the Mac desktop player or the web plugin?

The desktop player won't do HD on Mac I don't think.

If it's the web player, and assuming you've chosen 'Best/HD', what resolution is the stream? I think you do a CTRL+left click on the video to bring up the info.

banana1

I'm using the web plugin.  I can't get the player to work properly.  Yes, I have put it in the highest resolution possible.

I'm pretty disappointed in the Pro HD actually.  My previous AV model was able to do full screen properly (wirelessly no less!) without any issues.  I'd figure a newer model that's the top of the line would be able to do this.  But it doesn't appear this way. 

OvCollyer Apprentice

You didn't answer my Q about the zoom mode and what resolution it shows if you control click the video.

Also, how much of the screen does the video actually take up when in 'full screen' ? Are we talking half, two thirds, less?

You'll have a better chance of getting your issue solved if you provide as much info as you can rather than expect people to extract it from you over a series of posts