4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 1, 2013 7:26 AM by ACC4668495 Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Dual Monitor | Mouse Issue

ahinds

I have a dual monitor setup and I'd like to be able to watch slingbox on one screen while working on the other.  Although, in fullscreen mode my mouse disappears.  Is there a workaround for this?

• Re: Dual Monitor | Mouse Issue
          mathophile

I have the same (or similar) problem.  Using Dell Inspiron N4110 with Windows 7.  Latest Firefox, latest Slingbox plugin, latest Shockwave flash.

Using dual monitors, with Slingplayer on monitor 2 and a Firefox window open on monitor 1 (laptop).

Symptom:  When I set Slingplayer to full screen and move cursor to the Firefox window on monitor 1, the cursor disappears.

Notes:

1. Cursor reappears when it is moved off of Firefox window, but remaining on monitor 1..

2. Other full-screen apps  (eg YouTube, Hulu) DO NOT exhibit the same behavior.

3. IE window DOES NOT exhibit the same behavior.

4. Seems to be strictly a Firefox/Slingplayer incompatibility issue.

Any ideas?

bvezzoso

ahinds wrote:

I have a dual monitor setup and I'd like to be able to watch slingbox on one screen while working on the other.  Although, in fullscreen mode my mouse disappears.  Is there a workaround for this?

--------------------------------------------------------
            WORKAROUND FOUND

--------------------------------------------------------

I was also experiencing this same problem.  The desktop version video/audio sync is so horrible that I could not use it and I know that they've discontinued development on it (I think).  I have a 3 monitor setup and I thought that the mouse was disappearing over the entire monitor but I have discovered that it is only hidden in the same browser that you are using to watch Slingbox.com.

Most people with two monitors will open one browser to play Slingbox.com and another browser, which is usually the same as the browser playing Slingbox.com, to continue browsing the Internet while watching TV on the other.  The mouse is only hidden in all browser windows that is playing Slingbox.com.  So if you are watching Slingbox.com in Chrome, the mouse will dissapear in all Chrome browsers.  If you are watching it in Firefox, it will go away in all Firefox browsers.

So the work around is to use a dedicated browser to play Slingbox.  If you like to use a particular browser to surf the Internet, pick a different one to play your Slingbox.com.  This isn't a perfect fix but at least you don't have to wait for them to get around fixing.

SlingMedia, if you read this, report and fix this bug and remind your programmers that you have users with two, three+ monitors.

ACC4668495

Same issue here, please fix it soon...

Thanks