1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 10, 2012 4:55 PM by ranaleon RSS

can not find slingbox during setup

giang

Hello,

I've been searching the forums on slingbox.com and apple.com for several days now but I can't find any solution to my setup problem. It seems that a lot of people has this problem but there has only been very generic answers especially when it comes to a Mac environment.

I am getting the "your slingbox can't be located..." error message. I have the slingbox Pro device connected directly to my Airport wireless router using an ethernet cable. I macbook laptop is trying to run the setup program and it is connected wirelessly to the same router. I have disabled antivirus and firewall on the laptop. I have read from the Apple support forum that there is no firewall in the airport router, if there is, I can't find a place to configure it.

I have been able to ping the slingbox device and both lights on the slingbox are steady (not blinking) so I know the slingbox is connected to the router but my laptop is unable to see it to complete the setup.

any ideas?

thanks.

• Re: can not find slingbox during setup
          Apprentice

Hi giang,

I understand that you are having some issues trying to set up your Slingbox PRO on your Mac computer, since you cannot locate it on your network.

Most of the times, this issue is related to certain Operating System and web browser versions combination. The fact that the Slingbox shows solid lights means that it is a "healthy" unit. With this in mind, I recommend you to check the following link in order to get all the information about the supported Operating System and web-browser versions:

What browsers are supported by Watch on Slingbox.com?

Regards