4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 29, 2012 2:55 PM by fyanan RSS

How to set up slingbox with linksys

albi

Hello,

I am trying to optimally set up my slingbox that is connected via ethernet to a linksys E4200.  I ran through the setup and it says that the router needs to be properly configured to run optimally on mobile devices. 

This hasn't been a problem in the past but I recently got an iPad and would love to connect through that.  I don't want to throw down 30 bucks on the mobile app unless I can ensure it will work and have good quality.  I tried doing the auto setup and the linksys 4200 is not listed as an option.  Please let me know if anyone can help.

Thanks!

• Re: How to set up slingbox with linksys
          albi

Sorry, thought I would add... I also have already tried forwarding the port.  I went to my routers address, went to single port forwarding, and forwarded port 5001 and put in the ip address it says to use and enabled that.  I am still experiencing issues even after doing this.  Thanks

Apprentice

Hi albi,

It seems that you are having some issues trying to set up your Slingbox SOLO for Internet Viewing with the Linksys E4200 router.

I recommend you to track down the Slingbox IP address provided by the router for the Slingbox. Once you get this information, you will be able to create the rule using the port 5001. This way, your Slingbox will be able to reach the Internet service.

The following link will provide you with further details about this process: 

Slingbox SOLO Manual Setup

Finally, the following third-party link will provide you with the step-by-step instructions in order to adjust the router settings:

Port Forwarding SlingBox on the Linksys E4200

Regards

albi

Hey,

Thanks for the quick response.  I have already followed those instructions for port forwarding.  I am using the port and ip address that is being given to me by the slingbox support page, which is the same as the one listed on the setup assistant.  I have single port forwarded port 5001 internal and external and have set it for the listed slingbox ip address of 192.168.0.254 and enabled it.  I tried testing my connection again and it still says it is not set up properly.

Thanks for your help!