6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2012 5:57 AM by ACC388531 RSS

Live Video Buffering

tadboy

Does SlingPlayer for Logitech Revue have "Live Video Buffer" feature which SlingPlayer for windows has?

• Re: Live Video Buffering
          callanish Apprentice

No, it doesn't have live buffering. Even if it did, it's that unstable on the Revue right now that pressing any function will freeze up the video of the screen while the audio continues forcing you to have to re-connect to the slingbox or change the video quality to get the video back. Not good!!

tadboy

Thanks for your valuable information.

I was thinking whether to buy the revue for watching slingbox on my tv rather than connecting PC to watch that I currently do. I use live video buffering often, so without it not worth to switch it. Also, it sounds like slingplayer on revue is not that matured yet.

Thanks again, callanish.

ch1derco

I have an audio delay of about 1 second in any situation. Freezing only happens with my remote slingbox viewing through internet. I don't have a freeze when i access my local slingbox. I like the concept and the slingplayer on my Sony Google TV, i hope next updates help to solve the freeze and audio problem.

I understood that the current application is optimized for logitech revue, but looking at the issues in the forum, it seems that the sony tv has the same performance and issues as the logitech revue. So we are waiting for the next updated release, because the solution itself is promising.

stestardi Newbie

ch1derco wrote:

Freezing only happens with my remote slingbox viewing through internet. I don't have a freeze when i access my local slingbox.

Interesting -- my video freezes whether I'm  watching on my local network or remotely.  To confirm, if you watch on a Revue connected to the same network as your Slingbox, you don't freeze?

ACC388531 Newbie

Has anyone been able to contact and get assistance or report this through Sling Support channels?