1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 27, 2011 12:20 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Remote Control on ipad2 with DISH.

sweet1

As so many other people have indicated, the remote control doesn't appear on the screen, and I can't seem to find any of the buttons that might make it appear.  When you have parental controls enabled on the DISH, you have to enter a 4-digit pin to access your programming and play back the recorded events.  Without the remote, you can't enter these digits.

Also, there are buttons labeled as "custom" but I don't see any documentation on how to define what these buttons do.  Is there a manual for the ipad app?

Thanks for your help.

• Re: Remote Control on ipad2 with DISH.
          alanrichey42 Master
          As so many other people have indicated, the remote control doesn't appear on the screen, and I can't seem to find any of the buttons that might make it appear.

Just tapping anywhere on the screen brings it up for me.

Also, there are buttons labeled as "custom" but I don't see any documentation on how to define what these buttons do.

Err..  How do you know that if you can't see the remote ?  I'm confused.

Those buttons are defined when the remote is loaded onto your Slingbox during the setup process when you told the system what device you wished to control   If you are using a built-in remote then the function mapped to each of the 15 possible Custom buttons are decided by Sling and you will just have to use trial and error.  If you want to define each one yourself you will have to use a Custom Remote such as the ones I build for people.