1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 6, 2012 1:10 PM by ranaleon RSS

just moved switched to att uverse

frodak99

Hi,

I just moved and switched from Time Warner to ATT Uverse.  The power and network lights are on but the slingbox will not conntect, any ideas?

• Re: just moved switched to att uverse
          Apprentice

Hi frodak99,

I understand that you are having some issues in order to get the connection to your Slingbox since you have a new ISP (Internet Service Provider).

The fact that you connect the Slingbox to a new router means that you need to select the new IP address provided by the new router for your Slingbox. Once you connect the Slingbox to your new router, we recommend you to reset the router in order to pick up the new IP address. Then, you'll use the new IP address in order to create the rule opening the port 5001 through the router settings. If you do not know how to, just check the following links:

How to reset your Slingbox to factory settings

Manual Setup

If you follow these indications and the issue persists, I recommend you to post back and make sure to include further details about your home network (make and model of your router, connections between the Slingbox and the router, etc). This way, other forum users will provide you with accurate responses.

Regards