1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 6, 2012 12:57 PM by ranaleon RSS

Sling Player setup for Mac Mini OS Lion - Desktop d/l

EasyRyder

Hi there,

Just got a new MacMini so forgive if i sound a bit slow as its my first Mac!

Just downloaded the desktop player for Mac (I have the older SlingBox Pro). I installed fine and set up my account. Seems ok as it recognised my SlingBox in the UK (i'm abroad). Having said that on my windows PC it shows my alias and a picture of my red Slingbox pro but on the Mac is shows a black slingbox... what model i dont know. I have correctly entered all items including the slingbox ID which i obtained from the windows PC.

When I click 'watch' it says 'connecting' for ages then asks me to enter my password again. Which is correct. It then states if password is correct the issue maybe with my network setting and to click 'help', which doesnt really offer me a solution.

I can still watch the sling on 2 different Windows based PC's and iPad and iPhone.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot,

Gavin

• Re: Sling Player setup for Mac Mini OS Lion - Desktop d/l
          Apprentice

Hi EasyRyder,

It seems that you are having some issues in order to get the connection to your Slingbox PRO on your new Mac Mini computer.

The fact that you are able to get the connection to your Slingbox PRO using your Windows computers and the Mobile application for iPad and iPhone indicates that the Slingbox is working in a proper way. This specific situation allow us to narrow down the root cause to your Mac Mini computer.

With this in mind, I encourage you to check the following links in order to get all the information about the tech specs for the Slingbox (although you own the Slingbox PRO, the requirements are basically the same) and the supported Operating System and web-browser versions:

Tech Specs

What browsers are supported by Watch on Slingbox.com?

Regards