2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2012 9:42 AM by nthouas RSS

sling box appears to work when connected directly

SeasonofSara

sling box appears to work when connected directly to router, but not via the Sling Link.   Getting connection errors

• Re: sling box appears to work when connected directly
          Apprentice

Hi SeasonofSara,

It seems that you are having some issues in order to get your Slingbox up and running when using the SlingLinks.

The first thing to check when you use the SlingLinks is to verify that both rooms (where the router and the Slingbox are located) go into the same electrical circuit. If they are connected on the same electrical circuit you can narrow down the options testing the connectivity among the SlingLinks.

On the other hand, if they are not connected on the same electrical system, the SlingLinks will never be able to talk to each other since they use the home wiring system in order to get the connection.

The following links will provide you with the steps to follow in order to find the root cause for this unexpected behavior:

A guide to basic SlingLink and SlingLink TURBO troubleshooting

More SlingLink and SlingLink TURBO troubleshooting

Regards

• Re: sling box appears to work when connected directly
              nthouas

Hello, I'm new to Sling and just purchased a Sling Solo last night. It appeared that I will need a sling turbo to connect to my router from one room to the set top receiver in the other.  Unfortunately I have a large house and I'm sure they are on different electrical circuits.  Can I use the wireless bridge function to make that connection work from one router to another and bypass the turbo hardware piece?  The Router's are N standard