1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 19, 2011 3:51 PM by ispe28 RSS

Slingbox solo set up won't accept my location - any fix?

ispe28

When managing my profile, I've entered that I'm in Sweden. However, when setting it up for internet viewing, the software assumes that I'm in the US. I enter a five digit Swedish zip code which is assumed to be a US zip code. I am then forced to chose among a number of US satellite TV providers and when looking for program info, it is that info which is shown.

So how do I convince the software that there is life outside the US?

I'm using a Dreambox DM 500-T receiver, but Slingbox onliy lists a satellite receiver by Dreambox. The remote appears to be the same, however, there are some issues when trying to do remote control frpm the ipad2.

I also had lots of problems setting up the router albeit I know perfectly well how to manage port forwarding. The set up page does not list the DLINK 2740B router, and the NEXT page could not be shown.

• Re: Slingbox solo set up won't accept my location - any fix?
          alanrichey42 Master
          When managing my profile, I've entered that I'm in Sweden. However, when setting it up for internet viewing, the software assumes that I'm in the US. I enter a five digit Swedish zip code which is assumed to be a US zip code. I am then forced to chose among a number of US satellite TV providers and when looking for program info, it is that info which is shown.

So how do I convince the software that there is life outside the US?

Just ignore it.  The ONLY reason for all those questions is to ensure you get the correct programmes on the programme guide.  As this facility is not available in Sweden it doesn't matter what you use.

I'm using a Dreambox DM 500-T receiver, but Slingbox onliy lists a satellite receiver by Dreambox. The remote appears to be the same, however, there are some issues when trying to do remote control frpm the ipad2.

'some issues' doesn't really give us enough to comment.  If you want help you need to be more specific.