4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 9, 2012 3:36 PM by avinternational RSS

Adrian

avinternational

Hey Slingbox experts. I changed my router and it seems it doesn't recognize my slingbox anymore, does anybody know how to reprogram it?

• Re: Adrian
          callanish Apprentice

Did you do a hard reset yet by holding down the button on the back of the slingbox for say 15 seconds and then re-running the setup?

avinternational

I did try doing the reset, but it seems it is not recognized form the router. Should I reprogram the router? I was told that something about prot forwarding?. I have PING the Slingbox address and it respoded well, why can't it be connected?  Thanks   adrian

Apprentice

Hi avinternational,

I understand that you are having some issues in order to set up your Slingbox with your new router.

Even though you have provided some information, we encourage you to include further details about your network. What is the make and model of your router? Is there a hard-wired connection between the Slingbox and the router? If not, which device are you using in between? Does it show solid lights or not?.

We recommend you to be as specific as possible. This way, other forum users will be able to help you with accurate information

Regards.

avinternational

The brand of the router is Alcatel-Lucent, I want to give you additional information.

Yes, I have reset the Slingbox AV and both lights are solid, I have PING to the slingbox IP address and it responds properly.

The Slingbox is connected via an ethernet cable directly to the router.

When I want to access the Slingbox, simply says that it's not recognized.

As additional information, I have open the proper port 5001 in the router and the router recognizes the Slingbox as well.

If someone has passed through this problem, please help me to solve it.