2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 19, 2011 6:50 AM by lay3r3 RSS

Using a PC as a source?

lay3r3

I'm trying to hook up a new slingbox to use my PC as a source. I only have an HDMI connection available on the video card and a VGA. My initial thought was that the HDMI would work but have sense learned than you can't do that with slingbox. Has anyone had any success using a VGA port?

• Re: Using a PC as a source?
          wouter1981

My guess is that it will work when you use an interface between the VGA or HDMI output on your PC and the component input on the Slingbox PRO-HD. Ofcourse, controlling your PC with the Slingbox is a whole different story...

• Re: Using a PC as a source?
              lay3r3

I think you're correct on the VGA but the thing I'm not sure of is will my resolutions be all out of whack.  I feed my TV with the DVI feed so feeding the TV and the slingbox through different forms leaves me questioning if I'll have resolution issues.  Am hoping someone out here in Slingbox land has done this successfully.  I can't readily get the parts and pieces locally so will have to use the web to order them in and I'm trying minimize my waste on buying the wrong cables

I'm using mediacenter so I plan to use the remote for that to control the DVR functions.