6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 2, 2012 12:34 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Remote controls wrong receiver

StrangerReno

On my slingbox setup, if I want to watch whatever is on Receiver 2 (Remote 2) on the laptop or desktop, I see what is on in the Guest Bedroom, and that is fine as I have usually watch Receiver 1 (Remote 1) another TV here that I watch anyway. However the onscreen remote (Remote 2) changes Receiver 1.

Any ideas? I'm at a loss.

• Re: Remote controls wrong receiver
          alanrichey42 Master

The default Sling Remote normally assumes the default Remote address so you need to specify Remote 2.  As you haven't told us what the device is, I can't tell you exactly, but Sling do support different remote addresses for many of the devices, otherwise you can probably get a Custom Remote from http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=87

StrangerReno

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. Holidays, setting up a new computer, etc...

Receiver is a VIP 222K.

The remote that matches the one for Receiver 2 is "Other > Code16".

When testing from this computer, I'm watching Receiver 2 on this screen but the remote changes Receiver 1.

I don't know how to change the remote address.

alanrichey42 Master

I told you already in my previous post.  When you setup the video source in the Slingbox find a Dish Network device for Remote Address 2.  It doesn't matter what the model is, all Dish Network devices use the same codes.

StrangerReno

Well, isn't that special? Thanks for the first rude comment of 2012.

Also, in your first reply you said "As you haven't told us what the device is, I can't tell you exactly, ...".

Well I told you what the device is but, apparently, "It doesn't matter what the model is, all Dish Network devices use the same codes."

Hope your year continues as it started.

alanrichey42 Master
                          Well, isn't that special? Thanks for the first rude comment of 2012.

Sorry, it wasn't meant to be rude.  In fact reading it back I can't see your problem.   I simply stated that I had already told you the solution.  And I had.

Also, in your first reply you said "As you haven't told us what the device is, I can't tell you exactly, ...".

Well I told you what the device is but, apparently, "It doesn't matter what the model is, all Dish Network devices use the same codes."

Still true.  Sorry, I may be being thick here but I just don't see what you are complaining about.   I was just trying to prempt you coming back with a statement like "There is no Remote Address 2 option for the VIP 222K".  So I offered the advice that, unlike 99% of devices, in this case you didn't need to use that exact model number.

I genuinely would like to know what I did wrong as I offer a lot of advice on this forum and don't normally get this type of reaction,

Novice

Hi StrangerReno,

You can also check the list of the devices that are compatible with the Slingbox.

Supported Devices

Regards.