5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 25, 2012 1:27 PM by hdndhlovu69 RSS

Audio Description

Nimrod

How on earth is the audio description disabled? Changing it from off to on has no effect, the setting isn't saved and it is driving me mad!

• Re: Audio Description
          tdiboy

I've got exactly the same issue (running latest, now getting on a bit firmware of 121R).  I've only had it a few days and it's making me want to get a refund as it's driving me nuts everytime I watch a channel I notice the **** detailed hard of hearing description of everything that is going on.  I suspect we are not going to see any further updates seing as the last one was last year so I can't see this being fixed...

hdndhlovu69

Tdiboy

This audio description this is also doing my nut in. I never had a problem until a reecent software upgrade to my current release 1.1.20.

Is there anything that can be done about this? Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Regards

huggybear171

jamesmccourt Novice

That's not the latest software so upgrade again to: 123R.

That should fix it.

J.

Nimrod

James, thank you for contributing. The problem exists whatever the firmware version, mine is 123R and it worked fine until yesterday when suddenly the audio description turned itself back on. Its impossible to turn off the audio description off no matter what I've tried and after changing it to off it always reverts back to on.

hdndhlovu69

That's a right royalpain in the aris. Is it just me or shouldn't they be doing more to fix this? i'm sure this is affecting a lot of users?

In teh meantime, I have reset to factory default and will not do any software upgrades until slingbox can confirm that the problem has been resolved. if anyone hears anything regarding this, please keep us posted.

Thanks for your input guys.

Huggybear1971