62 Replies Latest reply: Aug 30, 2012 3:38 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

KEY CODE IR

acardeman

I DON´T HAVE  CODE TO MY CABLEBOX HD ,  SCIENTIFIC ATLANTA , MODEL 8472DVB ,PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME .

TKS

• Re: KEY CODE IR
          alanrichey42 Master

I've built you a test remote at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8352

Please let me know how you get on.

Al

alanrichey42 Master

Waiting patiently for a reply :-)

jonikaleka

Hello Alan,

I tried to download this file to control my Cisco 8472, but there is nothing on this link.

How can I control my cable Box?

Can you help me?

Thanks

PAULOEMILIO Newbie

HEY ALAN ! I THINK YOU MAY BE ABLE TO HELP FIND THE CODE FOR THE  RCZ111SJ1G REMOTE THAT BUNDLES WITH  NET BRAZIL'S THOMSON/RCA DCI 1000  CABLE BOX. BEST REGARDS ....

alanrichey42 Master

Not sure I understand the question.  As far as I know Remotes themselves do not have codes, they simply send codes to devices to make them operate.

If you are taking about the controlling the Thomson 1000 then there is a Custom remote at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7963

I need more of an explanation 

PAULOEMILIO Newbie

THIS WAS A VERY SWIFT REPLY ! THANKS A LOT ! YOU'RE RIGHT , WHAT I MEANT WAS THE CODE TO SET UP MY SLINGPLAYER TO CONTROL THE SLINGBOX WITH THE MENTIONED HARDWARE  . SORRY FOR BEING A BIT ROOKIE ON THE SUBJECT .

alanrichey42 Master

No problem, we were all rookies once    And I can tell you are a rookie anyway by your use of Capital Letters as that is equivalent to shouting in posts and I guess you didn't intend to shout all your question

Give that Custom Remote a try and let me know how you get on.

PAULOEMILIO Newbie

Mate , you're a genius ! It's working on full steam ! I'll set up the customs codes attached there to give full functionallity to the remote . One zillion thanks and I promisse not to shout again !

PAULOEMILIO Newbie

Just as feedback , the custom buttons are not functional whatsoever . Honestly , it does not matter for me . Anyway , thanks again .

alanrichey42 Master

You didn't need to set them up, just select the Menu button on the remote and they are there.

Does your remote look anything like the attached picture ?   if so I can map the codes onto that one.

Al

PAULOEMILIO Newbie

Sorry , wrong wording . I meant try them not set them up . No , my remote seems to be the very basic one . Have a look at this screen printout .

alanrichey42 Master

Sorry, I meant your REAL remote not the Sling one.

PAULOEMILIO Newbie

Here it is . Took a while for I had to browse the net to find a photo of it. I am in China and the real one is in Brazil . Must go now , I'm leaving to Alaska ( Airline Pilot's life ... ) ! Anyway , when I get there I'll log in again . Many thanks .....

alanrichey42 Master

OK, here's a present for your return :-)

As before, put the 2 BIN files in the \SBAV\ folder and re-run the Video setup.  Use 'Satellite', 'Other' and 'Other; and S1103 as the Custom Code.

Do you get the right remote picture ?   Do all of the buttons work ?

Cheers

Al

PAULOEMILIO Newbie

Hey Al , greetings from Anchorage . Yes , it worked fine ( almost perfectly ) for now I do have the remote layout and 1 extra button ( channel listing ) which was not responsive on the first attempt ( only the language / subtitles were there before ) . Other buttons like mosaic and the rest are still inoperative . Nevertheless , you have already solved an issue which , trust me , is going to make hundreds of families ( brazilians expats living in southeast Asia ) eternally grateful to you . Many thanks on behalf of all of us ,

Paulo

alanrichey42 Master

OK, that's a bit confusing.   This is the Remote image I have and there is nothing there relating to channel lists or mosiacs.

Can be be a lot more specific ?

PAULOEMILIO Newbie

Let me try to be as specific as possible , Al . The original remote ( Thomson/RCA RCZ111SG1G )  used by NET BRAZIL cable TV is a customization . By looking at both pictures you will notice that they're very alike ( Thomson / RCA ,quantity of buttons , coloured shorcut buttons , etc ) , nontheless on the customized one each of these buttons have eventually  a different function than the model  in your picture . It happens that on the first files you sent ( C210 ... ) those custom buttons that you've created have the same functions as the customized model ( Thomson/RCA RCZ111SG1G ) however they will not work . On the other hand , on the second set of files ( S1123 ... ) , the remote layout is almost identical to the customized but the buttons won't have the same functions . So in order to have this sorted out it would be necessary to create a customized model in which the custom buttons as in the C2100 would work in the S1130 layout . I am terribly embarassed  to inconvenience you with this for as I have pointed out before , both solutions you gave are already fantastic and solved the main issue which was not being able to change the channels remotely . , cheers ,

Paulo

P.S.: In case you feel like keeping this search for the perfect solution alive just let me know what info you need and I'll try to provide.

alanrichey42 Master

OK, that's all good news, I see what you mean now.  So it will now be very easy to produce a customised remote for you.  I have the function codes from the original design and I have the right remote picture so I just need to know which function goes where.

I assume the number keys are the same and the play/pause.... buttons,

So if you could just list all the 'odd' buttons, and what function they should operate I can do it easily.

Cheers

Al

PAULOEMILIO Newbie

Hey Al . Attached goes what I think will give you the means to produce the final layout ( the most friendly user for my operation ) . I tried to make as easy as possible for your understanding . Forgive me  if it is not clear enough but I'm pretty much jet lagged yet ! Just let me know in case you need clarification or any other info . Regards ,

Paulo

PAULOEMILIO Newbie

By the way , all the other buttons may remain unchanged , ok ?

Paulo

alanrichey42 Master

OK, how about these ?  Remember to rerun the video setup when you have overwritten the BIN files in the \SBAV\ folder.

PAULOEMILIO Newbie

Sorry mate . No change whatsoever .... Are these last ones any different from the ones named S1103 you have sent on a previous post ?

alanrichey42 Master

No, identical 

Let's try again !

PAULOEMILIO Newbie

Twice I have overwritten these S1103 files on SBAV and the response is identical . I thought you would make a customization on this Thomson layout so that the coloured buttons would have the functions as per the .doc attached to my previous post . Or have misunderstood your posting on this ?

alanrichey42 Master

PAULOEMILIO wrote:

Twice I have overwritten these S1103 files on SBAV and the response is identical . I thought you would make a customization on this Thomson layout so that the coloured buttons would have the functions as per the .doc attached to my previous post . Or have misunderstood your posting on this ?

That was the plan   I don't understand why it isn't working.

Let's step back a bit and do this in 2 stages..  Use the attached BIN files and you should find that the 5 colour buttons issue for the codes for the numbers 1,2,3,4 & 5.   That will prove I have the right buttons defined.  If that works I will try and add the proper function:

Red = Mosaic

Green = ???   (Remind me)

Yellow = Subtitle

Blue = Star

Magenta = ???   (Remind me)

PAULOEMILIO Newbie

OK , then . Let me do this so it gets easier for you . I noticed that the functions required for the coloured buttons 2(green) / 3(yellow / 4(blue / 5(magenta) DO NOT need any changes for they're all working properly . The coloured button 1 (red) currently is irresponsive and I would like to action the function

mosaic . Therefore , the only change I need is for you to add the function mosaic , if possible ,  to button 1 = Red . I  hope this clarifies this last issue.

Paulo

alanrichey42 Master

OK, I think I now understand what is going wrong.  I am working with an ordinary Thomson remote and using the codes that remote uses.  But, of course, your remote has been customised by NET Brazil so I have no idea what codes it is using.

My first thought was just to find out by trial and error to fix the RED button, but as long as you are content to keep going (and please tell me when you have had enough ) it will be better if we can do the job properly so we know EXACTLY what is going on.

So here's a new set  (BTW, do you have a US-built Slingbox or a non-US one?  That way I only have to send 1 file.)

I am hoping that all 5 colour buttons will be enabled and should send a number between 0-9 to your PVR, not the real functions.   And I still need to know what the Green and Magenta buttons are supposed to do ?

(I'm away for 24 hours so don't expect a quick reply this time)

joserenato

Hi guys,

just installed my Slingbox Solo and I have the same remote control here. I`m happy you already have a solution to it! My very basic question is: I`ve searched for this /SBAV/ and I couldn`t find it... actually I suppose that, since I don`t have a Slingplayer installed, I won`t have such a folder... So I`ve tried to download the software, but it seems that currently the only option is to use the web browser based client. Is this correct? Is there a way around? I don`t care installing the Slingplayer, I simply couldn`t find it in the slingbox.com.

Thanks a lot!

alanrichey42 Master

Alan Richey wrote:

OK, I think I now understand what is going wrong.  I am working with an ordinary Thomson remote and using the codes that remote uses.  But, of course, your remote has been customised by NET Brazil so I have no idea what codes it is using.

My first thought was just to find out by trial and error to fix the RED button, but as long as you are content to keep going (and please tell me when you have had enough ) it will be better if we can do the job properly so we know EXACTLY what is going on.

So here's a new set  (BTW, do you have a US-built Slingbox or a non-US one?  That way I only have to send 1 file.)

I am hoping that all 5 colour buttons will be enabled and should send a number between 0-9 to your PVR, not the real functions.   And I still need to know what the Green and Magenta buttons are supposed to do ?

(I'm away for 24 hours so don't expect a quick reply this time)

PAOLOEMILIO:   Have you given up on me or just away from home ?

paulomattos747

Hey Alan , sorry ! No , actually I'm home . In fact on a new home . Got back from that trip I was and spent several days moving from one place to the other . Now I'm back online. Regarding the green and magenta buttons ( guess those are the ones you've enquired about ) , I really do not have any specific functions for them , so I guess if you want to pick up any one of those functions like PPV or any other thing it will be just fine with me. Cheers,

Paulo

alanrichey42 Master

No, I still need my original questions answered:

>>>>I am hoping that all 5 colour buttons will be enabled and should send a  number between 0-9 to your PVR, not the real functions.   And I still  need to know what the Green and Magenta buttons are supposed to do ?

So what number is sent for each of the 5 colour keys ?

And please confirm what function is sent from each colour button.  I recall the Red is 'Mosaic'.

Cheers

Al

PAULOEMILIO Newbie

Hey Allan , hello again . I am sorry for the disapperance but I had an bike accident and ended up grounded and hospitalized for almost 4 weeks . Thank God I'm back on good shape because it was a close call ! Here attached is the map of the correct functions for the remote as you have requested. Cheers,

Paulo

gustavobandeira

Hi Alan

I'm following this thread and I have the exact same controller as PauloEmilio (remote from Brazil). I did all the mentioned procedure and pasted the bin files on the SBAV folder. The problem is that the setup is done through the slignbox website. There I only can input "satelite" and "other" but there  is no other option available, and there is no option to enter the alternative code.

thanks!!!

coelhoaugusto1

Good morning, Alan!

You have helped me once and the test remote files you sent me worked just fine.

I have just upgraded my cable tv to Sky HD in Brazil and the receiver they installed in my house is the PACE SHR23-700.

Would you know where I can find the remote files for it?

Thanks,

alanrichey42 Master

coelhoaugusto1 wrote:

Good morning, Alan!

You have helped me once and the test remote files you sent me worked just fine.

I have just upgraded my cable tv to Sky HD in Brazil and the receiver they installed in my house is the PACE SHR23-700.

Would you know where I can find the remote files for it?

Thanks,

This thread is getting too complex, and the title doesn't help people searching for this box , so I have answered your message in a new thread:

Remote  for Pace SHR 23-700 for Sky HD in Brazil

Cheers

Al

acardeman

Acabei de baixar , vou testa.Muito OBRIGADO

Martito

Alan, thank you so much!!! You have no idea how your tips helped me.