1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 29, 2011 11:31 AM by Whit49 RSS

No VIDEO, Only Audio on Archos 80 g9 using Slingplayer for Android Tablets

Whit49

Just purchased Archos 80 g9.  Anroid Market says it is supported and compatible.  Not........  Get quick connect, see controls and remote on screen, great audio, but no video.  Contacted tech support and they checked out my Slingbox Solo connection with their Android tablet.  Said all worked, but forgot to ask what Android tablet he was testing it on.  Just upgraded to Android 3.2.1.  Tech suggested I re-install application.  Did, and still no video......

I see that others have been having the same problems on this Archos 80 tablet.  Is this an Android Software problem or SlingPlayer.  Any Help?

• Re: No VIDEO, Only Audio on Archos 80 g9 using Slingplayer for Android Tablets
          Whit49

Both video and sound up and running.  After trying several times, I installed the latest Android 3.2 OS (3.2.78) and Slingbox's latest Android Tablet Slingplayer (2.0.0.52).

Once updated, my Archos 80 G9 now gets excellent digital video from both my Slingbox Solo's on the road.  Also, my Slingbox remote is a realistic Comcast remote which functions pretty much like the one I use at home.  This remote is a great feature, because the Slingplayer application I use on my iPhone is difficult to use and to complex to change channels or view my saved shows.  For those of you who have chosen the Archos 80, let me say it was a perfect choice as it runs all the apps well and with the Slingbox Player functioning, it is a good product.