33 Replies Latest reply: Mar 20, 2012 8:09 AM by menzieto Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Google TV app now available

callanish Apprentice

For those that have Google TV, the sling app is now available under spotlight. Sign in and enjoy. Works great!

• Re: Google TV app now available
          qw545

This is a bit curious.  I have a Sony Google TV.  I read in a another forum that Slingplayer was available for the Logitech Revue and they posted a web address.  I clicked on the address with my Sony Google TV and it began to install.  It's working fine.  I didn't install an app, I merely bookmarked the web page.  I have subsequently gone into apps and I see an app that is Slingplayer for Logitech Revue.  Why am I able to use it from the website using Sony Google TV and why is there only an app which is for the Revue, but doesn't mention Sony?

callanish Apprentice

I probably used the term app incorrectly as it applies to what sling's doing with Google TV. We're used to paying for sling app's on iphones, ipads, android phones, etc, but through a PC or MAC, all we have to do is install a plugin. Problem obviously with Google TV is that this Chrome version doesn't support plugin's, so it looks like sling has created a specialized way to access the slingbox through a web address which is linked through Spotlight, but overall it's just a glorified web address setup in a certain way that uses a different interface without the normal virtual remote on the screen.

Now, why any of the other manufacturers that also come with Google TV aren't listed on the forum is a head scratcher, but maybe the forum is just a work in progress and Sony, along with the other manufacturers that use Google TV, will show up eventually. As long as it works, that's all that matters, but if you've got any issues at this point, posting in the Revue forum will more than likely address the issue since the Sony Google TV and Logitech Revue are related with the same O.S.

bshep23

Hi,

I have a revue and have found the slingplayer 'optimized for tv' app in spotlight. I've got it running fine but I don't see a remote or any way to change channels. I press '?' but it says there are no stored hot keys. So I'm stuck on one channel. Any suggestions?

callanish Apprentice

Basically the space key on the keyboard brings up all the functions. Pressing numbers also on the keyboard will allow you to change channel, for example type 121 and the channel will change, albeit with more of a time delay than on my slingcatcher.

if you have a sling box on a dish receiver, and a logitech revue (google tv) and both items are on the same LAN  does the content stream across the lan or does it have to go out the internet to some slingbox server and then come back in?

SliderFighter

I was excited when I got the SlingPlayer for Logitech Revue email today.  I followed Sling Media's instructions to get connected: http://www.slingbox.com/go/logitech-revue-set-up and got this error message:

Not Supported

Platform Not Supported (Reference:B822-86FA). (code:23)

I've rebooted my Review and had no luck.  I'm running Firmware v3.1, Build KA2X-20111123.091818.USER-B61925.

Funny how Logitech dropped the Review the same day SlingMedia release the long-awaited SlingPlayer app.  What does it all mean?  Sure wish it WORKED...

* Edited to observe Slingbox Answers Forum House Rules by Moderator. *

lsandulak

Hi,

I had the same problem.  You must have changed your Google Chrome Settings from "Default User Agent" to something else .....   mine was customized to "Desktop".... I was experimenting.  Just set it back to Default User Agent....  It works great.

Note - HOW TO: Once in Google Chrome press the Menu button next to the Alt key on you keyboard.  Now that you're in Options, Select Settings.  Now that you're in Browser Settings, select Advanced settings. Now you're in Preferences select Under the Hood.  Scroll down the right side of the screen to User Agent and Select Default User Agent.  Exit and try the SlingBox App in Spotlight.

Good luck

Cheers

rtdixon

I am experiencing the same problem.  I have tried to connect to my Logitech revue and two Sony Google TVs.  All report the "unsupported platform error.(Code 23). The Logictech connected the first time. Every time after that, I get the unsupported platform error. I am using a Slilngbox-Pro HD.  All the devices are at the latest firmware revisions.  The browsers are all set to their default settings.  I have  tried unplugging, power off, rebooting, flushing cache, history, etc. Nothing seems to solve the problem.  Wired network or wireless results in the same errors.  Connecting to the slingbox by phone, tablet or PC works fine.  There is also a VIP 922 sling contained DIsh Network Sattalite Reciever on teh network, diconnecting that has no affect, still cannot connect to the Pro box using the revue, or either Google TV.  Anyoone have any ideas?  Seems like more than just a few customers are having this issue.

darriba

Hi,

does anyone know how to add the slingplayer app to the home screen of the revue? I was able to add the spotlight app, but not the specific slingplayer app.

Thanks,

qw545

I've put Slingplayer on my Home Page by saving it as a bookmark.  Since I'm using Sony Google TV there isn't really an optimized version of it yet for Sony, but it's working alright.  I first discovered the availability of the Slingplayer in another forum where the web address was listed.  I first saved it to my bookmarks once I was on the website.  I knew that bookmarks can be saved to either the bookmarks location or to the Home Page. When I decided that I wanted it on my Home Page I went that route.  What happens when you save a website to the Home Page is that it actually gets saved to the All Apps location.  Once you have it in the All Apps location you can then go to the Home Page and choose which shortcut you want to replace by long pressing on it. Since you have the Slingplayer at this point in the All Apps page you choose that to be the replacement on the Home Page.  I'm assuming that the 3.1 update works pretty much the same on both Sony and the Revue.

fearnoart

I've tested this on both a Logitech Revue box and the Sony Bluray w/GTV and it works wonderfully on the Logitech but not the Sony.  On the Sony, the audio lags by a second or more.  Just to be sure it wasn't the slingbox or the cable, I also tested it on a computer and an Ipad.  There is nothing wrong with the stream.  But my Sony Bluray w/GTV wont play the video and the audio in sync.  The Logitech and everything else will.

Did I miss something?  Is the Bluray player handicapped in some way?

lsandulak

Please see the info in Yellow Below

SlingPlayer for Logitech Revue is Here!
                                  SlingPlayer for Logitech Revue is now available and works with your Slingbox to extend your living room HDTV experience to another HDTV, no matter where it is – across the hall or around the world.

We've been talking about it for months and it is finally here! You can find SlingPlayer for Logitech Revue in the Google TV Spotlight. Visit our Logitech Revue setup page for more info.

Not quite sure how SlingPlayer for Logitech Revue works? Learn more! Or just download the appfree of charge in North America during this introductory period. Give it a try – you're going to love it.

SlingPlayer for Logitech Revue only supports the Logitech Revue device when it is connected to a Slingbox PRO-HD or Slingbox SOLO. If you have a Slingbox PRO, Slingbox AV, Slingbox TUNER, or Slingbox Classic, upgrade now!

At this time the app is not optimized for the Sony Internet TV, powered by Google TV™. Rest assured we are working on it – stay tuned.

With its big, beautiful display the Android tablet is the perfect device to watch your TV anywhere. Isn't that what a Slingbox is all about?

Until then, keep on watching,

The SlingPlayer Team
                                  Copyright© 2011. Sling Media. All rights reserved.

BWGSlingbox

Is anyone running into a shockwave flash plug in has crashed message after running this for a few minutes?

kleint

I have the same audio delay problem when using the sony blu-ray google tv box.  Using slingbox on a pc is fine.  Has there been a resolution yet?

notoriousajg

I'm also getting the audio sync delay issue on my Sony Google TV. The SlingPlayer on these connected devices is a good idea, but this is a big flaw. I mean every channel has dialogue unless you're watching a documentary on animals. I'm hoping this issue will get fixed in time for the Superbowl on Feb 5th.

Rockley

we have Sony google tv via the sony blueray player and tried to use the logitech revue app under spotlight as suggested, however it did not work. does anyone have any work-arrounds? we got an error message saying our device was not supported

amarabro

i have read every thread and can't figure out why I cant get the slingplayer to work on my logitech revue.

I just bought the revue today because it has a slingplayer capability. When I go into SlingPlater through spotlight, the page goes white and the bottom of the screen is showing me that it is trying to go to http://download.slingmedia.com/spcd/gtv/index.html

but after a minute of trying to download an error message pops up to say

THE FOLLING PAGES HAVE BECOME UNRESPONSIVE. YOU CAN WAIT FOR THEM TO BECOME RESPONSIVE OR KILL THEM.

I have waited  and i have tried reloading the page many times. nothing is working.

anyone have this problem or know how to fix it?

i tried checking my settings and made sure and made sure that the User Agent was set to Default User Agent.

still got nothing...

amarabro

after trying several more times it finally just worked and is working fine now.

the slingplayer is playing on my 55" panosonic vt through my logitech revue, the the quality is pretty poor. the reason I bought the revue was because i thought i would be able to replace my cable at my 2nd home all together, but the quality of the feed makes it not worth watching.

does anyone have any input on making it better? or will sling oor logitech update the firmare for a better feed? i am running the slinbox solo, and considered the pro because of the HD capabilites, but am I right in thinking that only the  handful of HD channels would come in HD, or would all the channels come in a higher quality? and it would need to be hooked up to an HD cable box as well to make any difference?

ENZO

I have the sony internet/google tv and was able to download the slingplayer app from spotlight.

I signed in to my slingbox account and the slingplayer connects and shows a 2-3 seconds of my TV then displays lost connection message.

I am able to connect to my slingbox on my pc or also through the app on my sony tablet, just not with my sony internet/google tv.

I read how others have been able to connect through the slingplayer app on spotlight with a sony internet tv.

Any suggestions. Thanks

TheDudeLebowski

How do you change channels with the google TV and slingbox...I get picture and sound but no tab to access the remote...is there a key on the Sony keyboard that brings up the onscreen remote???? Thanks for any help...

TheDudeLebowski

Today it is working...thanks for the help...

menzieto

How are you guys getting the app to work on Google TV? I have th app already installed with an update, but I get an error 21 message. Please help!