4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 27, 2010 7:04 AM by jeffo3362 RSS

Slingbox on verizon 8830

doctortom

Hi everyone -

I'm a little late to the party and just got a Slingbox HD Pro - all setup and working well on my LAN.

Except for getting a player on my verizon 8330.

Silly me, I just assumed it worked on all blackberry models and it wasn't until I read the "supported" devices list today that I see my phone/carrior isn't listed.

A google search shows that others have gotten it to work but all of those posts are on the "slingcommunity" forms which are now defunct.

Anyone have any ideas to get this to work, or did I just waste $200?

Thanks,

Tom.

• Re: Slingbox on verizon 8830
          ArizonaSackbut Apprentice

Hi Doctortom,

If you don't find an answer, ask again over at placeshiftingenthusiasts.com.  A number of SlingCommunity regulars hang out over there, you might find what you're after.

Good luck,

- Az

Thitsa Newbie

I have exact same question, just hooked up box up & running , go to mobile page & verizon 8830 not listed. in fact NO verizon.  If you find out anything please post back. I'll do the same

Thitsa Newbie
                I found this & will try it.   also I posted wrong I have 8530
                By:       nolatech       | Date:      Thu, 04/15/2010 - 10:49

I had to do a bit of playing around, but I got it to work on my  Verizon 8530.  Here's an OTA link that I used to get the software on  mine: http://tinyurl.com/yh9jkgh

I also got the unsupported device message, but it does work.  Works  w/ WiFi and 3G.  Good luck!  It's slow controlling, but if you have the  patience, it does work.  Still like the Sling experience better on  Windows Mobile devices, but it's better than nothing.