1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 29, 2011 7:53 AM by ranaleon Branched to a new discussion. RSS

There's a problem accessing the Internet. Please make sure you can access the Internet

gtt561

Finally got the network to find my Slingbox. Now I get this problem message; There's a problem accessing the Internet. Please make sure you can access the Internet.

I am having no problems using the internet on my wireless laptop. So what do I need to do?

I have my Slingbox connected to my AT&T Uverse STB through the network port which is in my basement. My actual router is in the garage.

• Re: There's a problem accessing the Internet. Please make sure you can access the Internet
          Apprentice

Hi gtt561,

I understand that you are having some issues in order to set up your Slingbox SOLO for Internet Viewing.

If you are able to locate the Slingbox SOLO on your network, but you are getting now the Internet access error message, the issue might be related to the security software running on your computer. Most of the times, the Slingbox and the SlingPlayer are categorized as "threats" for the security software.

In this case, I recommend you to think about two options: use a different computer and see how the Slingbox works on it or contact your security software provider in order to know how to allow the connection to your Slingbox through the local firewall.

Hope this helps.

Regards.