1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 28, 2011 11:22 AM by ranaleon RSS

Remote access problem and also use of Slingbox.com. Ipad use

adriankorsner Newbie

When I'm away from home, slingbox pro works fine until 18.00hrs in the evening. Stream stops and thats it. Any idea why? I seem to be getting 0.86mbps before and after 18.00 (measured from home in UK)

I just discovered watching with slingbox.com. Is this different from watching using slingplayer and am I likely to get past the 18.00 curfew if I use .com?

Is one or other a better method?

I'd like to use my ipad with the slingbox pro but it says I need to buy an HD pro. Is this just to get HD quality on the ipad or will the ipad just not work at all with SBpro?

Thanks

Adrian

• Re: Remote access problem and also use of Slingbox.com. Ipad use
          Apprentice

Hi adriankorsner,

I understand that you are having some issues with your Slingbox PRO since it stops working at 18.00hrs (Slingbox local time).

The Slingbox does not have any feature or capability that acts as a timer. This means that this specific issue is not related to the Slingbox per sé.

With this in mind, I recommend you to check if your router is using any kind of timer or if your ISP (Internet Service Provider) is limiting the bandwidth usage. I encourage you to contact them about this situation and let us know about their response. 

Regarding your second question, you must upgrade to the Slingbox SOLO or the Slingbox PRO-HD since the legacy models (CLASSIC, TUNER, AV or Slingbox PRO) are not powerful enough to stream the iPad's higher resolution. The following link will provide you with further details about the requirements for the SlingPlayer for iPad application:

SlingPlayer for iPad

Regards