1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 27, 2011 4:30 PM by ranaleon RSS

Slingbox SOLO Audio problem (humming sound)

rotemsade

Hello,

The slingbox transmission has a constant noise (like a hum). this is only happening via transmission over the network (both local and internet). when connecting a TV set directly to the out composite the audio is just fine. I have checked all cables and connections several times.

The slingobx used to work absoultely fine till a while ago. then the power supply had to be replaced. I replaced it with the local slingbox supplier (BUG israel). however it was replaced to what seems to me like a non original power supply.

A) can an un original slingbox power supply be the issue?

B) how can I get an original part if it can solve the problem?

thanks,

Rotem.

(please. don't ask me to check Composite cables, or Cable box output or anything like that. all has been double checked several times. and please don't direct me to the support videos. there is nothing there. please give me a  clear answer).

• Re: Slingbox SOLO Audio problem (humming sound)
          Apprentice

Hi rotemsade,

It seems that you are having some issues with the Slingbox SOLO power adapter, since it makes a constant noise (humming).

A short and clear answer is to get an original replacement for the Slingbox SOLO power adapter. Since you have stated that the replacement you got is not the original one, I recommend you to contact the store you purchased it from and ask for the original power adapter replacement. The following link will allow you to get the tech specs for the Slingbox SOLO and power adapter:

Tech Specs for the Slingbox SOLO

Regards