1 Reply Latest reply: May 1, 2010 1:02 PM by ArizonaSackbut RSS

US Cellular service phone can't locate my slingbox

I have an HTC Touch phone through US Cellular.  I keep getting the message "unable to connect to slingbox" with the 1.6 software and "Slingplayer cannot connect to you slingbox.  Please make sure your phone and slingbox are connected to the internet and try again."  I can view my slingbox on my laptop just fine thourgh the internet.  Thanks.

• Re: US Cellular service phone can't locate my slingbox
          ArizonaSackbut Apprentice

Hi [lots of numbers],

I had a similar problem with a T-Mobile Dash (HTC Excalibur S620) running WinMo 6 and the v1.6 non-touch Player.

For some reason, the Player didn't like starting up a mobile data connection on it's own which resulted in the error message you're getting.

If I opened a web page on the phone to kickstart the connection then switched over and tried to watch my Slingbox, it worked.

This only happened if I needed to use mobile data.  If wifi was available (inside or outside my home network), everything worked fine.  It was a hokey workaround, but that's as much effort as I was willing to devote towards troubleshooting the thing.

- Az