2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 10, 2012 11:18 AM by sthomas RSS

Slingplayer on multiple android tablets

ffclr1

I have three android tablets and an android smart phone, all using the same google address. Slingplayer for tablets seems very expensive, so I want to be sure I won't have to pay three times to install it on my android devices. Can someone clarify for me?.

Thanks, and take care,

Colin

• Re: Slingplayer on multiple android tablets
          Apprentice

Hi ffclr1,

I understand that you want to know if you can install the SlingPlayer for Android devices application without paying multiple times.

According to the Android Market Place, you can purchase any application and install it on an unlimited number of supported devices. However, keep in mind that if you have a tablet and a Mobile phone, you will need to purchase the application for both devices, since they are different products.

The following link will provide you with further details about this specific situation:

Extending registration for SlingPlayer

Regards

• Re: Slingplayer on multiple android tablets
              sthomas

Slingbox should reconsider the requirement to purchase a separate app for each device.  We've owned a slingbox pro for over 4 yrs and have struggled to make it work on any device.  I recently bought an Android tablet and asked if I could transfer one of my existing apps to it and was told that not only could I not do that but that I would have to buy a new slingbox pro hd and a new app.  Why should I buy a new box and app when the old ones don't work?